My TV-watching habits fluctuate a lot. Some seasons, I’m glued to the telly in a big way. Some seasons, I can barely keep up with the news. Lately, I find myself just on a ‘catching up’ mode.
Anyway, what about you? Do you love watching TV? What kind of shows do you like? What will you recommend?
Long Time Faves:
Shows I’ve been watching from season to season…
- BBC (British Broadcasting) and ABC (Australian Broadcasting) Specials – There are so many that it’s difficult to catch up. But yeah, I love documentaries and such that the BBC and ABC come up with.
- Australian Idol – Currently on a break; but yeah, been watching every season from the first one. Heh.
- Law & Order – I’ve watched so many, but haven’t really been keeping track on the seasons because they show them so much.
All Time Faves:
Shows I can watch even on re-runs…
- Friends – I can’t get tired of them.
- Oprah – I like some episodes, and can’t stand some others. But, I like O herself.
- The Simpson’s – I used to watch a lot, but haven’t done so lately.
- Parkinson – My absolute favourite entertainment talk show.
Shows That I’m Trying To Catch Up On:
- America’s Next Top Model – Watched some episodes in a handful of seasons.
- Gilmore Girls – Managed to watch the last few seasons, but am still catching up. Haven’t watched the season finale yet, though.
Wish I Can Catch Up On:
- Grey’s Anatomy – Was a latecomer and I’ve only managed to watch 4-5 episodes.
- Ugly Betty – Only watched 3 or 4 episodes.
- Heroes – Never watched a single episode, but I’m interested to see.
- House – Watched a few episodes/seasons, but haven’t really been caught up yet.
Right now, one show that I find myself hooked is Gossip Girl. Guess it just reminds me a bit of the days when I used to follow shows like Felicity. Heh.
Other shows I like in one way or the other (that’re still running and/or being re-run here in Oz): Little Britain, The Office (UK version), Spicks and Specks, Chasers War on Everything, CSI (Las Vegas), Cheers, Frasier, Home & Away, American Idol, Better Homes & Gardens, Getaway, Lonely Planet
I also try to watch shows on The Lifestyle Channel (Fox cable TV) like Relocation, Relocation or Location, Location, Location… But, I’m a bit all DIY-ed out. Also like the BBC specials that they run. That’s why I also enjoy The UK Channel. I wish I can have the How To channel, though.
Also a regular: News either on local channels or on the BBC, Sky, or CNN.
By the way, if you don’t know yet, b5media has an Entertainment portral: Spekked. It’s a great place to check out for news and other tidbits on favourite TV shows.
Photo: Day 34, 365 Days, “When There’s Nothing Good on TV”