Hello and welcome to 52 Weeks of Blog Community Week #4! This is the last task that you can join to be eligible for our first 52WoC virtual party – on the 14th of February. Yep, a virtual Valentine party, where we’re giving away a free Flickr Pro account and/or a free Picnik Pro account to ONE participant. Yay.
So, what do you need to do to take part this week?
1) Sign in to your StumbleUpon account, if you already have one. If you don’t have one yet, I urge you to go and sign-up. It’s really a fabulous place to discover new sites and blogs… as well as to promote your blog and your favourite blogs.
2) Leave the URL of your StumbleUpon account, in case anyone wants to add you as a friend or contact. If you want to know mine, it’s – http://weblogrrl.stumbleupon.com/. But, it’s NOT a requirement to add folks as friends, okay?
3) Visit the StumbleUpon page of the commenter before you. Look around his/her page and see if you like any of the blogs/pages that he/she liked. If you like any of his/her pages, offer a Stumble too. If you don’t like any page, that’s cool too. You don’t need to Stumble anything that you don’t like. In fact, you don’t need to Stumble anything at all if you don’t want to. This is just an interesting exercise to see how other folks use StumbleUpon as a way to show and spread the love on the Web.
4) If you want to visit other participants (other than the one who commented before you), you’re more than welcome to do so!
OK, Did that make sense? Anyway, a quick and simple guide again to this week’s task:
1) Leave a comment if you’re up for some Stumble Lovin’. If you don’t have a StumbleUpon account, sign up. It’s free.
2) Leave the URL to your StumbleUpon page in the comment.
3) Visit the StumbleUpon page of the commenter before you. Have a look around and check out their ‘liked’ pages.
4) Send some Stumbles to those that you like too. If you don’t find any that you like, then don’t worry about it. We’re just glad that you’ve given it a go.
That’s it. Everything else is extra.
Commenter #1 can visit the last commenter’s StumbleUpon page. Commenter #2 can visit Commenter #1′s. Commenter #3 can visit Commenter #2, etc etc etc etc.
No one needs to visit my SU page. But, I definitely intend on visiting all participants’ SU pages!
So, what do you say? You up for it? I hope so!
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please note that the deadline for this task is 11 Feb 08, as I’m moving the 52WoC tasks to be posted on Mondays instead of Tuesdays. Thanks!
Anyway, thank you very much to all you participants from last week’s task:
Everyone gets another chance of winning this month’s prize giveaway. And, I’m sure whoever received your generosity and support will be happy about it.